Monday, September 26, 2005

Starting my own Blog..

Finally, I gave blog a try. So far I don't think I have any problem with this system yet. I have been doing well here in Taiwan. It has been 87 days since I came back from US. Life has changed so much in the past three months. First, I was glad I got to spend some time with my girlfriend Taryn before I have to go to the army. We didn't really get to travel much of Taiwan due to the weather. It was either too hot or too much rain...stupid typhoon. But over all I really enjoyed that month and a half. We had so many great moments together.
I got called up on August 11th unexpectedly, and went to the boot camp for 30 days. T and I were surprised that the government would call me up so early. T had to stay in Taiwan alone with my family for a week. I felt bad, but I had to do what I got to do. I wish I could say goodbye to her and be with her for at least one more week. It happened all too soon in a few days. I didn't have any extra time to react to the fact that I won't be able to see Taryn until Feb of 2007. The fact didn't hit me until one typhoon night at the boot camp. I was alone, in a dark dark night, thinking that Taryn has left. She flew away, and I cannot see her everyday like I used to. Won't be able to find that warm hand to hold on to when I am cold at night. It hit me hard, so hard my heart hurt. But I took it as a man, and thought I need to finish this army thing. If I never get this thing done, I would never be a freeman. I need to stay strong.
Boot camp went by quickly, man was I glad to get out of that hell hole. That wasn't made for human to live in at all. I took it, and I lived through it. I was amazed that I actually finished the entire training. After that, I started my job training. We are into our final week of class now, and there will be an exam this Thursday. I haven't really decided which department I want to go into yet, but no matter where I go, I am sure I will be learning something useful. Oh yeah, I am currently working at Taiwan International Trade commission, Ministry of Economic Affairs. We mostly deal with WTO affairs, and domestic trading affairs. I like this place so far. Co-workers are all friendly and helpful. Next Monday we will start working as a formal government workers. It's going to a new challenge in my life. I actually have to work now... No more free meals.
I will try to post messages or photos whenever I have time, feel free to leave me messages or comments. Keep in touch, and come visit too.

Taryn ~ Love you so much and miss you every seconds of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home